[Voyage-linux] Multicast forwarding between router interfaces (ath0 & eth0)

GERIN Marc (BMB) (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 27 21:01:45 HKT 2008

Hi,

I would like to connect a mediaplayer using upnp Audio/Video to a Upnp
media server (Ushare) located behind a router (Voyage 4.0 running on
Soekris and doing nating).
For that purpose I need to forward multicast traffic from my mediaplayer
(wifi interface ath0) to the Ushare server (LAN connected via eth0).
I searched on the internet and learned that the kernel must be compiled
with "IP: forwarding/gatewaying", "IP: multicast routing" and "IP:
tunneling" and a route "route add 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev eth0"
has to be defined. I tried, but it doesn't work yet ..;-)

I also found a specific deamon needs to be installed to allow the
forwarding (igmpproxy, mrouted,pimsm,smcroute...)... but I have the
feeling this only valid for the "old" kernels.

Does someone have experience with this?
Thanks for the help!
Marc

**** DISCLAIMER****